- COLLECTION General Information
We receive and store information that you provide us in connection with using the Service such as your first and last name, personal address, gender, religion/denomination, email address, birthdate, personal description, photos you choose to share, chats/post you choose to share, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and/or Whatsapp credentials, use information regarding your use of our Service and browser information. We do not share any personally identifiable information with advertisers or third parties without your permission.
- Location Information
We receive your location when you use the Service - such as capturing media, creating sites; joining nearby groups you have access to and more. We do not collect any location information in the background when you are not directly using the Service. We do not share location information with other users of the Service or third parties unless you explicitly do so as part of your use of the Service - such as by sharing the location of an experience or listed through the Service or check-in or by entering other content with regard to the Service which is shared with friends or other participants in the particular group and/or followers.
- Aggregate Information
We also track statistics internally in aggregate across our site. These statistics sometimes include personally identifiable information such as your device’s unique identification number (UDID) to indicate unique users and usage.
We neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone.
- As part of your use of the Service, you may share content with others who were or become a part of a particular group you participate in, as well as with followers outside the group. You are in complete control over what content you choose to share, and the people that can see your content through the Service are those who were or become a part of the particular group you shared the content with, or followers of various group members and/or the organizer(s). While we restrict the sharing of content through the Service to the participants in the applicable group, we do not control, and cannot restrict, what use participants in a group may make of content other than through their use of the Service. For example, participants in a particular group may use the Service to download the content relating to that group to their devices and thereafter distribute the content to others directly from their device without making use of the Service. It is also possible that certain groups may be sponsored by entities, which may intend commercial use of the content you choose to share in such groups. While you may be notified as part of the sign-up process for a particular group that it is a sponsored group (and be given the name of the sponsor), we cannot be responsible for how the sponsor will make use of content you choose to share in any such group you choose to join. We encourage you to be mindful of which groups you choose to join and who and what you are sharing through the Service.
- Should you choose to share your content with third party websites or via email or SMS, we can no longer guarantee its privacy, so we encourage you to be mindful of who you are sharing your content with at all times.
- We employ our additional companies, other companies and people to perform services on our behalf or to you and sometimes may need to share your information with them. Any service providers we work with agree not to access or use any information or data they may have access to other than to provide the services specifically requested and keep said information confidential.
- In some cases, we ourselves may (and also may work with third parties to) compile aggregate non-personally identifiable data ("NPID") and to perform statistical and other analyses of this data and general user behavior. We may use the results of such analyses and other aggregate NPID in our business - such as to measure interest in the various areas of our Service and Website, for development purposes, and to inform advertisers and partners. We do not share, rent, sell or provide access to any personally identifiable information to any third parties, except to the organization/s that invited you to join the group. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this policy, we may preserve or disclose your information if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request or to protect the safety, property or rights of GIG or others. However, nothing in this policy is intended to limit any legal defenses or objections that you may have to a third party or government request to disclose your information.
Your account personal information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. In order to prevent unauthorized access to your account and personal information, make sure to select and protect your password appropriately, and limit access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
- Our data is transferred and stored securely to the best of our ability. As with all content on the Internet, however, nothing is guaranteed so take caution. We try our best to provide you with leading security practices, like encrypting all requests via secure connection Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (HTTPS). We store your password in an encrypted manner, so your account stays private. However, no data transmission on the Internet or on a network is 100% secure, so we cannot make a guarantee. Take care to manage access to the computers and devices where you are logged into your account and use the Service.
- ACCESSING REVIEWING AND CHANGING PERSONAL INFORMATION
You can see, review and change most of your personal information by logging into the site and/or the mobile app and editing your account profile. Generally, we will not manually modify your personal information because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate.
- DELETING ACCOUNTS
- Revised August 1, 2019